Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Presentation Reflection

I had the opportunity to give my class a presentation about my essay today. Firstly, I find the presentation useful because it has actually helped me to reorganise the points that I was trying to convey. Even until now, I still feel that my essay lack focus, and I am still not happy with the outline of my essay. As such, the presentation has given me the chance to really rearrange the flow of my write up.

Secondly, it also gave me the opportunity to be more confident and to speak up in class. It has forced me to be well prepared because I tend to use a script whenever I give a presentation. I really enjoyed the experience and it has made me more aware of how I give presentation to a group of people.

However, I still feel that there are areas in which I can improve on. For instance, I have to slow down while giving my presentation. I always have this tendency to rush through what I want to say, and I believe it is very obvious to my audience. In addition, I feel that it is important for me to really start conversing in proper English. This is because whenever I forget the exact sentence of my point, I will present them in a very colloquial way.

All in all, I hope that my presentation has given my audience an insight into my essay and I hope that they remember some of the points I have pointed out during my presentation. I think it is also reassuring if your audience enjoyed your presentation.


Thank you all for the feedbacks, I will definitely try improve after receiving the feedbacks! (:

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Weiting,

    Let us tackle your first paragraph.


    Reading those sentences left me confused about how your presentation did the thing of helping you reorganized some of your points that you were trying to convey? But when were you conveying anything at all to anybody in the first place? I couldn't find that piece of information, except if I made smart guesses. In good writing in general, you always do not want your readers to make smart guesses, unless you are trying a different type of writing, which I think isn't the one you signed up for with Brad.

    But back to the main point.

    You mentioned also your presentation helped you do something, like reorganizing things, but how could that be? The presentation doesn't do the reorganizing, instead, you did the reorganizing. The former is a non-living object and would not be able to decide. But I knew what you were trying to say, because I have written like yours before, and so I obviously can empathize. Definitely not Brad instinctively.

    I think you were trying to say that 'the thinking about the presentation facilitated the reorganization of the points........'.

    As you can see, writing is not as easy as it seems, and power is first and foremost always contingent upon how accurately you can convey reality to your audience. It ain't about fanciful language for that would probably be last in the list, but about precision in expression in a concise as possible manner!


    If you ironed out those mistakes, I will be ready to read on later!

    ReplyDelete